Eargasms

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Karma before business



Went out to Amcorp Mall today with the intention of getting myself a brand new toy today. A Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G lens. Visited J One Camera Shop because the price was the lowest among the listings on the internet.


Yeah, so the guy on the far left was the sales man attending me. I gotta point out one big difference though. He had a beard and his glasses weren't on. His beard was kinda like Chuck Noris's but that's not the point.

This was a really different buying experience. First, he asked me what I wanted, kinda standard procedure anywhere . . . unless you're in a desert in Egypt or something like that. So anyways, I told him I wanted the Nikkor 35mm and he asked me "Why do you need it?". So I told him I needed a prime lens for night photography and bokeh. Here's some random trivia, bokeh also means idiot in Japanese. He told me that that was the wrong answer and advised me not to buy the lens. The lens was should be used for portraits (I swear, I knew the answer but it didn't cross my mind!). He told me that I was still a beginner and that the kit lens I have, which I thought was a piece of crap until now, was one of the sharpest lenses Nikkor has.

He thought me how to hold the camera properly. I have been holding the camera wrongly for almost a year. A FREAKING YEAR!! Then he told me to take my warranty card and bring it over to Nikon's HQ at Times Square to get a beginner's lesson for RM50. The guy who sold me my camera didn't even tell me this shit!!

I really think this is how all business men should be like. To gain customers based on trust and good service instead of just selling the item. I'll definitely be going back there for any of my camera needs from now on and I'm happy about doing free advertising for them. It's a good shop. I recommend it to any photographer who wants to get gear to go there.

Nuff' said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...